Privacy and Policy
- How We Collect Information And Use It
- Information you provide us voluntarily: When you want to become a member of SwimIndia, we ask to complete an online form which requires you to provide details such as your name, date of birth, e-mail address and other personal details. This information stored in our database is secure and is not accessible by other members or third party applications.
- Information we may obtain from third parties: If you visit our online service or website on a device that is also used for social network interaction or if you visit us through a third party connection, for example, through Facebook “Like” button, Twitter then you may be allowing us to gain access to certain information present in your social network profile. If you don’t want any third party to share personal information with us, please change the privacy settings of social networks before using our online services.
- Public Forums: This website provides groups, message boards and forums for its members. In order to participate in such forums you need not disclose any personal information.
- Cookies: Cookies identify the type of operating system and browser you use, which enable website to improve your navigation and access to content in the site. A cookie may also let us know how you use the online service, for example, links you clicked, the pages you viewed and other such actions. This will help us or our business partner determine your service usage over time.
- Log file information: Whenever you access a web page, your browser automatically reports log file information.
- Clear gifs/web beacons: When you use our service, we may employ web beacons or clear gifs that anonymously track online usage patterns of users.
- Analytics information: We may employ third-party analytical tools or collect information that will help us evaluate traffic and usage patterns for the service. These third-party tools gather information like your browser add-ons, web pages you surf, browser’s height and width, and other such information that would help us improve the service.
- Device identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet, smart-phone, etc. to access the service, we may gather, monitor and/or remotely save “device identifiers” like universally unique identifier (“UUID”).
- Location data: When you use a mobile device to access the service, we may gather, monitor and/or remotely save “location data,” which might include longitude and/or latitude information or other such information related to the location of mobile device. Location data may tell us how you browse and use our service.
- Marketing communications:We may use the received or collected information to send you email, newsletters, promotions and other special offers. You will always have an option to opt out of such communication messages.
- Use of service type information collected about you: We may use log file, location data, cookies , clear gifs information and device identifiers to: (a) memorise information so that you don’t have to re-enter it while visiting the site; (b) monitor aggregate metrics like demographic patterns, traffic and visitors; (c) provide personalized content and information; (d) monitor service effectiveness; (e) help you easily access information after signing-in; (f) find and fix technical problems; (g) offer advertising to the device or browser.
- Who Can Access Your Information
We will not sell or rent your information without your acceptance, except as mentioned below:
- Employees and nominated officials: Employees and nominated officials working on SwimIndia portal and application who have certain privileges will have access to your information to carry out their designated functions within the organization.
- Subcontractors and agents: We may sometimes employ other individuals and companies to perform certain functions on our behalf. They will have access to your personal information required to carry out their functions, but might not use it for any other purpose.
- Regional associations, clubs and other sporting entities: We may provide your personal information to regional associations, clubs and other sporting entities affiliated with us of whom you are a member or applied for membership.
- You: You have right to access and rectify your personal information. If you want to update your information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsors: Our sponsors don’t have access to your personal information. In case it is required to share, we will do it with your consent.
- Information released to third parties: We release personal information only when we feel release complies with the law; or protect our property, rights, or safety, or that of our users, or others.
- How We Protect Your Information
In order to protect your information and ensure its safety we have employed various security checks as set out in this policy:
- Password protection: Our membership database can be accessed with a password only when you have certain granted privileges.
- Firewalls: A firewall protects our website and membership database.
- Your Choices And Rights
- Account Information and settings: If you want to review, update and correct your account information and email communication preferences, you can do so by changing the profile settings of your account. If you want to unsubscribe to our promotional email newsletters, just click on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such email communications.
- Opting out of tracking/advertising: If you disable cookies and/or other tracking tools, SwimIndia or its business partners cannot track your browser’s activities in regards to the service, and your information cannot be used by third parties for advertising activities. However, many features available through the service may not function properly if you disable cookies or tracking tools.
- Information retention and deletion: Following deactivation or termination of your user account, SwimIndia may retain your user content and profile information for a commercially reasonable time for archival, backup, or audit purposes.
- Links To Other Websites
The service may contain third-party website links for information and/or your convenience. Accessing any such advertisement or link on our website, are subject to that third party’s policies and rules. We do not control or endorse the policies and practices of third-party service or website (like Twitter, Facebook, etc.) that you grant authorisation to access your user content. If you allow access, you do so at your own discretion and risk.
- Contact Us